So there I was, working on my series on ML.NET, when someone hit me with a blackjack and I woke up a month later with a throbbing headache and lack of blog content.
At least, that’s the excuse I’m going with. Forthwith is a quick update on what’s happening.
I’ll have individual blog posts, but here’s what I’m cleared to talk about now:
- SQL Saturday Louisville on Saturday, August 3rd.
- TriPASS advanced DBA meeting on Tuesday, August 13th. I’m going to dive into PolyBase in SQL Server 2019.
- SQL Saturday Baton Rouge on Saturday, August 17th.
- Music City Tech in Nashville, September 5th through the 7th.
- DBA Fundamentals Down Under on September 9th.
- Open F# in San Francisco, September 25th through 27th.
- Data Relay in England, October 7th through 11th.
- NDC Sydney, October 14th through 18th.
- PASS Summit Pre-Con, November 4th.
- PASS Summit, November 5th through 8th.
- Live! 360 in Orlando, November 17th through 22nd.
There are a few other events which I can’t announce just yet, but this part of the scheduled is firmed up.
Triangle SQL Server User Group Update
Two things of interest (which I’m blabbing about here before sending out an official notice to the group). First, thanks to Tom Norman (t | b), we are well on our way to non-profit status. We’ve incorporated in North Carolina as TriPASS and are working through the non-profit process. By “we” I mostly mean Tom. Delegation is the best.
Second, we are toying with streaming. After seeing Santosh Hari’s blog post on streaming user group meetings on the cheap, I decided to give it a try, particularly because some of the equipment was on sale during Prime Day(s). We’ll be streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/TriangleSSUG, so give us a follow.
Over the next six weeks or so, I plan to get back on the blogging horse. Here’s what you have to look forward to:
- Finishing up the ML.NET series. I’m so close, yet so far.
- More on PolyBase Revealed. Draft 1 is close to completion and I want to talk more about new external data sources and fun stuff I’ve learned.
- Lessons learned in TriPASS streaming.
- Lessons learned from putting an F# project into production.
Stay tuned and hope I don’t get blackjacked again.