This is going to be a big month for me, presentation-wise. After taking a couple of weeks off from presenting, I’ve got a jam-packed month. Here are the events, in order:
- On Saturday, August 6th, I will present at SQL Saturday Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky. I’ll give my talk on integrating SQL Server with Hadoop.
- On Saturday, August 13th, I will present at SQL Saturday Indianapolis in Indianapolis, Indiana. I’m going to give my talk on integrating SQL Server with Hadoop there as well.
- On Tuesday, August 16th, I will give a microsession to the Triangle SQL Server Users Group. This will be a short demonstration of using code auto-formatters to make T-SQL code more readable.
- On Thursday, August 18th, I am tentatively scheduled to give a talk to the Raleigh-Durham Power BI Users Group. The talk will be on custom visualizations with Power BI, and will follow from Devin Knight’s series on the topic.
- On Saturday, August 20th, I will present at SQL Saturday Spartanburg in Spartanburg, South Carolina. I will give two talks, the first on integrating SQL Server with Hadoop and the second talk on Azure ML.
- On Tuesday, August 23rd, I will speak at the Polyglot .NET User Group, where we’ll cover the Scala language.
- On Thursday, August 25th, I am tentatively scheduled to speak at the Future of Data: Triangle user group. My topic there will be integrating SQL Server with Hadoop.
- On Saturday, August 27th, I will present at SQL Saturday Columbus in Columbus, Georgia. My topic there is the APPLY operator.
All of these events are free, and if you’re in the area, stop on by.