A new year brings in a new set of security notes.
- The government can use a “one seed and 3 hops” strategy to get millions of individuals’ telephone records. This is 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon in action.
- The official PHP website was cracked. I’d be surprised, but they probably wrote the site in PHP or something.
- There was a huge Target data breach. We still don’t know too many details yet, like exactly what happened. We just know that it was huge.
- This is a terrific article on just how ridiculous the TSA airport screening idea is.
- It looks like there may finally be an intra-governmental counter-movement against the NSA’s power grab. Or this could be a thick document which nobody ever reads…we’ll see.