Here are some links which I’ve been building up but don’t fit a specific theme.
- Human Resources departments are useless. Well, HR is there for one thing: to prevent the company from being sued. You might think from the “Human” in the name that they actually deal with people; they do not. They deal with regulations and act to prevent lawsuits. Any employees are nothing more than “resources,” after all.
- Attention, people of America: watch this until you understand how to drive in a roundabout. Roundabouts are a good way of increasing traffic flow and eliminating stop signs. The biggest danger is that they’re so uncommon in the US that people who see them don’t know how to respond.
- Attention, leftists who support prostitution: it’s a bad idea.
- Vicco, Kentucky will pay its police officer in Bitcoin. I can’t say it’s necessarily a bad idea, but given all of the risks involved, I’m not sure I’d want to be paid in it.
- Thomas Edison was a crony capitalist. The people at Cracked are vindicated once more.