- Mark Steyn sums up the Obama administration as a neo-monarchy. Sadly, instead of awesome castles, we get HealthCare.gov. On the plus side, they skipped generations of inbreeding and still ended up with the outcome: Joe Biden.
- Do not listen to the “Don’t worry; only 5% of people will be negatively affected by Obamacare” argument. In reality, that is false. Once the employer mandate kicks in next year, we will see many more people lose their insurance thanks to Obamacare.
- In the meantime, the Obama administration has come up with a brilliant way of freezing the insurance market and ensuring that even more people get screwed thanks to his signature legislation. Paul Mirengoff asks whether Obama’s edict is even legal. Everything Obama does is legal in the neo-monarchy.
- Everybody was able to predict the failure of Obamacare except for Obama and his lackeys.
- Fortunately, somebody was fired for this Obamacare mess. Presumably the “different direction” that Mayor Gray wanted to go was “down the rabbit hole.”
- Obamacare has a marriage penalty.
- Frank J. reminds us that we should always trust the government. You see, government is like that guy who owns a van with tinted windows: they’ll give you free candy.
- Iowahawk, meanwhile, shows us the next example of our Sun King’s beneficence. Presumably this will be once he realizes what happened with Cars For Clunkers…