With the partial implementation of this train wreck in place, let’s gawk at the failings.
- Give the government the same slack you give Apple. This silly line goes all the way to the top. Kevin Williamson’s brilliant response: we’ll do that once we have the same freedom to choose not to participate in Obamacare that we have not to purchase Apple products.
- Health care rationing via poor programming and bad capacity management.
- If you liked your old health care, well, at least you can stare at an error message now. That’s worth something, right?
- Obamacare is not a market. Markets include choice, including the freedom not to participate and the freedom to create truly different products.
- Harry Reid reminds us (via Jonah Goldberg’s excellent interpretation) that most post-apocalyptic scenarios did not have Obamacare, so therefore Obamacare is good.
- Avik Roy, meanwhile, reminds us that repealing Obamacare isn’t enough, and that too few conservatives have meaningful alternatives. Patrick Brennan has more.