“We’re not some banana republic,” according to President Obama. This is probably due to all of the farm subsidies keeping people from growing bananas.
In other totally-not-a-banana-republic news:
- Cory Booker fails to follow his own laws. Has anybody arrested him yet?
- The IRS has not destroyed its caches of information on political enemies.
- Campus police at Ohio State now have an APV. This is presumably to break up riots after the Michigan game. I’m just trying to imagine how that thing will fit on High Street. Oh, and there’s the cost to maintain such a vehicle.
- Mega-corporations want to elect a new people. Obviously, we need to bring in millions more people because nobody is unemployed or underemployed.
- Obamacare gets worse and worse. Nancy Pelosi, meanwhile, is big on liberation theology (in that she prays every day to liberate money from your wallet).