- The iPad 3 was jailbroken on launch day in three different ways. I still think that, deep down, engineers in Apple want this to happen and need to do just enough to maintain plausible deniability.
- I sincerely hope NATO officials didn’t do anything like post sensitive data on their Facebook accounts. Maybe instead of telling military officials to create social media accounts, perhaps they should tell people not to create accounts.
- More phishing apps. Horray!
- There have been a number of articles over the past year or so about Indian call centers abusing trust. The latest one involves selling user information. If you outsource, you need to keep an eye on your outsourced employees. It’s still a variant on the same principal-agent problem.
- Update Visual Studio, .NET developers.
- HIPAA strikes again. If you worth with health-related data, take its protection seriously.