– In dissertation news, I’m reading the excellent Arms of Krupp. It’s not just incredibly detailed, it’s actually pretty funny. The guy pulls no punches and has some serious unresolved issues with Germany; one example is his line: “But of course, all Germans are male chauvinists.”
– In related news, I’m officially going to be a published author, in an honest to goodness print journal, in January 2013. I’ve already had a paper published in an e-journal and one review, with a second review finished but pending publication.
– I’ve started reading the Game of Thrones series and the Millennium Trilogy (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc.); both are superb and well worth your time.
– In gaming, I’m mostly playing Paradox games, with the exception of Assassin’s Creed III, which I got during a Black Friday sale for $25, thanks to some strategically withheld reward certificates. Best of the series about 95% of the time; some really weird learning curve stuff in Sequence 3 does create some issues.
– I’ve also been named a Demi-Moderator for the Paradox Forums; I don’t get paid, but I do get to tell people what to do, which is almost as good.
So if you wonder why I haven’t been posting, well, there you are.